WINONA AREA CATHOLIC SCHOOLS
PARENT TEACHER PARTNERSHIP
Tuesday, November 13 at 6:30 p.m.
St. Stan’s School Teacher’s Lounge
Missy Schneider, Jana Korder, Angie Troke, Erin Sturm, Marcie Buum, Liz Biesanz, Gretchen Pozanc, Stephanie Beirne, Lacey Konkel
Treasurer’s Report: Erin provided a financial report update. September 30th ending account balance was approximately $7,500 There are additional deposits in October for spirit wear sales and Halloween Party.
Teacher Treat signup sheet for November and December was passed around by Marcie.
Bring to school by 10 a.m. There is a frame in the PTP mailbox to post w/treats at St Stans. Talk to Brenda in the office when delivering to St Mary’s.
- Parent Night Out at Blooming Grounds was well received. 15 attended the event and comments were made that they would participate in future events.
- St Mary’s Book Fair was very successful.
- Sales = $3,500 (compared to $2,200 and $2,000 the last two years)
- Earnings for St. Mary’s School = Approximately $1,750
- St. Stan’s Book Fair started today and is off to a good start.
- Wearables Update: There were 53 additional orders placed. Current inventory includes:
- 25 hats
- 46 t-shirts
- 29 old white t-shirts
In an effort to clean out old inventory PTP will donate the 29 old white shirts to St. Mary’s to be used as they see fit – Missy will deliver. Hats will be sold for $5 each (Missy to bring 10 to St. Mary’s and 15 to St. Stan’s)
There is a flash sale starting 11/14 with new styles to choose from. Pickup will be 12/12
- Culver’s Night was a huge success! A big check presentation to the school will be coordinated by Angie and Missy.
- Shoparoo and Box Tops collections were discussed. The group decided to send out information to promote Shoparoo. Missy will look for the flyers used in past years.
- Art Club has been very successful with great turnouts. There will be a signup in December for January and February clubs. Another signup will go out in February for March and April clubs. Will be asking parents to donate snacks to cut down on costs as all supplies are being provided by PTP. The idea to hold two sessions on the say day was made (2:15-3:15 and 3:30-4:30), to accommodate more children as there have been waiting lists. Missy will pose this question to Mrs. Berhow.
- The Halloween Party was well attended and all seemed to enjoy it. Contact Laura if you have ideas for next year’s party. Approximately $1,500 in income from the party with some expenses yet to come out of that number.
- Parent Teacher Conference Dinner was enjoyed by the teachers. Positive comments were made about the addition of wraps.
- There has been a request for Recycling Bins to be available at events. After some discussion it was decided that Liz would ask Mrs. Skeels if Student Council would be interested in taking on this initiative.
- Holiday Party Update: The party will be held December 1st from 9-11 a.m. at the St. Stan’s gym. Mrs Berhow had the idea of starting a service project to give back to the community. Families will decorate disposable coffee cups and fill with treats (coco packets, chocolate, teas, etc…) These will then be delivered at a later date to area service workers and nursing homes. Save the date had gone out, more information will be posted.
- An update on Catholic Schools Week will be provided at the next meeting.
- The Gala planning has begun. Save the Date flyer will go out after Thanksgiving. Signatures is working on food options.
- Chairpersons are still needed for Grandparents Day and Staff Appreciation
- Family Afternoon @ Island City event will be held on Sunday, December 9th from 2-4 p.m. at Island City Brewery. They will have family movie trivia and board games. WACS members will receive $1 off drinks and PTP will provide snacks.
Next PTP Meeting will be Tuesday, January 8, 2019
Minutes Submitted By
Marcie Buum - Secretary