WINONA AREA CATHOLIC SCHOOLS
PTP MEETING NOTES FROM
Tuesday, January 9th, 2018
In Attendance: Gretchen Pozanc, Debbie Owen, Erin Sturm, Jana Korder, Amanda Slaggie, Laura Fitzgerald, Nicolle Tober, Celia Kaiser, Lacey Konkel, Missy Schneider and Angie Troke
Financial Report – Current balance is approximately $11,000. Since the beginning of the school year we brought in $273 from Shoparoo, $730 from Halloween party, $50 from Spirit Wear, $220 from School Supply Kits.
- Book Fair Wrap-up: This was our second biggest book fair to date. Scholastic has our feedback. This year, students purchased mostly science and fact books. Julie and Missy will once again co-chair the St. Stan’s book fair next year.
- Holiday Part Wrap-up: Was a success. Feedback was that it was more geared toward younger kids so next year will plan activities for all ages.
- Gala Update: Delicious menu has been set, it will be served to the tables like last year. Inside fundraising is all finalized and will include a chance auction, silent auction and all school photo. There will be a photo booth offered at no charge. Dessert Dash sign up has gone out. New this year is an after party right at signatures with a DJ playing until 11:30pm. Make sure you get your tickets, reserve your table and spread the word.
- PTP funded speaker: Jana contacted motivational speaker Tasha Schuh. The prices: For $1500 we will get a 30 minute talk with 1st-4th graders, 45 minutes talk with 5th & 6th graders followed by a 30 minute Q&A. Each 5th and 6th grader will receive a signed copy of her book "My Last Step Backwards." After talking with Pat and CSW committee we would like to bring Tasha in Tuesday morning of CSW. Some of the topics she offers that intrigued us were Respect, Making Good Choices and Attitude.
- Teacher Treat Sign up was passed around for January and February. Just as a reminder when you sign up, have the treat at school no later than 10:30am that day.
- Catholic Schools Week: Same events as last year, the committee is finalizing the details and will let us know how many volunteers are needed.
- Mother/Son Event is planned for Saturday, January 27th. Some activities will include bingo, relay races, and a chip bar with drinks. Flyers are included in the parent packs. Working on volunteers to help at the event.
- End of Year Event will be chaired by Gretchen Pozanc. Many ideas were discussed and it was decided that Gretchen would check into the availability and cost to rent the pool at the Aquatic Center some night in mid-June. She is also checking pricing on inflatables and the option of an outdoor movie and have a block party similar to the one we had to kick off the school year. The block party would be on the last day of school.
- 1st Day of School Supplies: Alissa Gibson has signed the commitment letter with the company to use them again next school year. It will again be fundraiser for PTP. We will be encouraging teachers to provide their supply list as soon as possible and to stick to the list.
- Catholic Schools Week
- Mother-Son Event
- Father-Daughter Dance (Date is March 24th and planning has begun)
- Grandparents & Grandfriends Day – Art Show
- Staff Appreciation
- End of Year Event
Next Meeting will be March 13th at 6:30pm – Note this is the 2nd Tuesday of the month due to Spring Break.