Welcome to August - the Dog Days of Summer! - American Adventures Month, Children's Vision and Learning Month, Get Ready for Kindergarten Month, the XXXI Summer Olympics in Rio, WACS Open House, and the beginning of the 2016-2017 school year. Hi, I am Mrs. Nicklay and it is my pleasure to serve as a Reading Resource teacher (gr. 4-6) and librarian (gr. 1-6) at St. Stan's Elementary School. I love kids and I love books, so my jobs are the perfect blend of both. My passion is to help students to see themselves as readers and get excited about books and reading!
**Wednesday, August 3rd is the last day for summer library hours at St. Stan's. Thank you to all of the families who checked out books this summer!! It was great to see you and to meet some of our incoming 1st graders who came! If you still have books checked out, please drop them off in the yellow basket near the window at the main office, or feel free to return them when you come to Open House on August 18th.
Don't forget to take a photo of yourself in the craziest place you have read this summer. Print the photo (it can be on regular printing paper) and bring it to the library at St. Stan's during the Open House or on the first day of school. It will be so much fun to see all of the places that people have been reading during the summer months!! **
I can't wait to hear all about the books you are reading!!! I also want to see your photos of yourself reading this summer!! We want to see all of the craziest places you chose to read and the many examples of things that people read!! Click on "CRAZIEST PLACE" in the menu on the left side of the page to find out more! See you soon!!!
Take a look at the blue menu at the left to see what else you can discover at this site for readers...
Any book is a new book until you have read it!! Say, have you read a good book lately? Stop in at the library and tell me about it!! I'm always looking for a good book to read and to share with others!!
- Click on "Latest from the Library" to see what is going on this month, including celebrations and special news about books, reading, and activities that promote literacy.
- Click on "Hot Books" to find some really great books to try...award nominees, award winners, new books in our library, etc.
- Click on "What's Up on the Web!" for links to great literacy links for students and parents.
- Click on "Photo Gallery" to view photos from Book Fairs and the library.
- Click on "Guidelines for Library Use" for information on library rules and expectations.
- Click on "AR Quiz List" to access the AR Book Finder which will help you determine whether your book has a quiz and what the book/reading level is.
- Click on "Meet Mrs. Nicklay" to get to know your librarian and reading teacher better!