Welcome to July - SUMMER! - and "Read for the Win" 2016 Summer Reading Program at the Winona Public Library, National Park and Recreation Month, Independence Day, National Hot Dog Month, National Ice Cream Day, and Parents' Day. Hi, I am Mrs. Nicklay and it is my pleasure to serve as a Reading Resource teacher (gr. 4-6) and librarian (gr. 1-6) at St. Stan's Elementary School. I love kids and I love books, so my jobs are the perfect blend of both. My passion is to help students to see themselves as readers and get excited about books and reading!
**NEWS FLASH** The library will again be open this summer. You are welcome to visit the library on Wednesday mornings from June 8 - August 3 between the hours of 9am-11am. Are you taking Summer Academy classes at the St. Stan's building this summer? What a perfect time to stop in at the library either before or after class to grab some cool reads for the hot afternoons...maybe even get a head start on reading the Maud Hart Lovelace Award or Star of the North Nominees for 2016-2017!!
A special invitation goes out to our incoming 1st graders!! Visiting the air-conditioned St. Stan's library during the summer is not only a great way to find some summer reading, but also a chance to get more comfortable with the St. Stan's building. The students will get to know Mrs. Nicklay who will then be another familiar face in the fall!!
I can't wait to hear all about the books you are reading!!! I also want to see your photos of yourself reading this summer!! We want to see all of the craziest places you chose to read and the many examples of things that people read!! Click on "CRAZIEST PLACE" in the menu on the left side of the page to find out more! See you soon!!!
Take a look at the blue menu at the left to see what else you can discover at this site for readers...
Any book is a new book until you have read it!! Say, have you read a good book lately? Stop in at the library and tell me about it!! I'm always looking for a good book to read and to share with others!!
- Click on "Latest from the Library" to see what is going on this month, including celebrations and special news about books, reading, and activities that promote literacy.
- Click on "Hot Books" to find some really great books to try...award nominees, award winners, new books in our library, etc.
- Click on "What's Up on the Web!" for links to great literacy links for students and parents.
- Click on "Photo Gallery" to view photos from Book Fairs and the library.
- Click on "Guidelines for Library Use" for information on library rules and expectations.
- Click on "AR Quiz List" to access the AR Book Finder which will help you determine whether your book has a quiz and what the book/reading level is.
- Click on "Meet Mrs. Nicklay" to get to know your librarian and reading teacher better!