Welcome to April! The Triduum (Holy Week), the season of Easter, April Fools Day, Earth Day, National Poetry Month, and National Library Week. Hi, I am Mrs. Nicklay and it is my pleasure to serve as a Reading Resource teacher (gr. 4-6) and librarian (gr. 1-6) at St. Stan's Elementary School. I love kids and I love books, so my jobs are the perfect blend of both. My passion is to help students to get excited about books and reading!
The remaining weeks of school will fly by quickly, so I'd like to give you all the heads up that the last day of library this year will be Friday, May 15. All library books and magazines need to be returned by that day. Bills for the cost of replacement will be sent out to families the following week.
Take a look at the blue menu at the left to see what else you can discover at this site for readers...
Any book is a new book until you have read it!! Say, have you read a good book lately? Stop in at the library and tell me about it!! I'm always looking for a good book to read and to share with others!!
- Click on "Latest from the Library" to see what is going on this month, including celebrations and special news about books, reading, and activities that promote literacy.
- Click on "Hot Books" to find some really great books to try...award nominees, award winners, new books in our library, etc.
- Click on "What's Up on the Web!" for links to great literacy links for students and parents.
- Click on "Photo Gallery" to view photos from Book Fairs and the library.
- Click on "Guidelines for Library Use" for information on library rules and expectations.
- Click on "AR Quiz List" to access the AR Book Finder which will help you determine whether your book has a quiz and what the book/reading level is.
- Click on "Meet Mrs. Nicklay" to get to know your librarian and reading teacher better!