Welcome to May! May Day, Teacher Appreciation Week, Cinco de Mayo, National Train Day, Limerick Day, 1st Communion, Mother's Day, Memorial Day and the end of the 2016-1017 school year. Hi, I am Mrs. Nicklay and it is my pleasure to serve as a Reading Resource teacher (gr. 4-6) and librarian (gr. 1-6) at St. Stan's Elementary School. I love kids and I love books, so my jobs are the perfect blend of both. My passion is to help students to get excited about books and reading!
National Train Day - May 10th.
Harry Potter's Hogwarts Express Photo borrowed from www.dailymail.co.uk
**NEWS FLASH** The library will again be open for limited hours in the summer. You are welcome to visit the library on Wednesday mornings from June 8 - August 3 between the hours of 9am-11am. Are you taking Summer Academy classes at the St. Stan's building this summer? What a perfect time to stop in at the library either before or after class to grab some cool reads for the hot afternoons...maybe even get a head start on reading the Maud Hart Lovelace Award or Star of the North Nominees for 2016-2017!!
A special invitation goes out to our incoming 1st graders!! Visiting the air-conditioned St. Stan's library during the summer is not only a great way to find some summer reading, but also a chance to get more comfortable with the St. Stan's building. The students will get to know Mrs. Nicklay who will then be another familiar face in the fall!!
Take a look at the blue menu at the left to see what else you can discover at this site for readers...
Any book is a new book until you have read it!! Say, have you read a good book lately? Stop in at the library and tell me about it!! I'm always looking for a good book to read and to share with others!!
- Click on "Latest from the Library" to see what is going on this month, including celebrations and special news about books, reading, and activities that promote literacy.
- Click on "Hot Books" to find some really great books to try...award nominees, award winners, new books in our library, etc.
- Click on "What's Up on the Web!" for links to great literacy links for students and parents.
- Click on "Photo Gallery" to view photos from Book Fairs and the library.
- Click on "Guidelines for Library Use" for information on library rules and expectations.
- Click on "AR Quiz List" to access the AR Book Finder which will help you determine whether your book has a quiz and what the book/reading level is.
- Click on "Meet Mrs. Nicklay" to get to know your librarian and reading teacher better!