Welcome to November! National Authors' Day, National Family Literacy Day, Daylight Savings Ends, All Saints Day, All Souls Day, Veterans Day, Scholastic Monster Book Fair and Thanksgiving Day. Hi, I am Mrs. Nicklay and it is my pleasure to serve as a Reading Resource teacher (gr. 4-6) and librarian (gr. 1-6) at St. Stan's Elementary School. I love kids and I love books, so my jobs are the perfect blend of both. My passion is to help students to get excited about books and reading!
Take a look at the blue menu at the left to see what else you can discover at this site for readers...
Any book is a new book until you have read it!! Say, have you read a good book lately? Stop in at the library and tell me about it!! I'm always looking for a good book to read and to share with others!!
- Click on "Latest from the Library" to see what is going on this month, including celebrations and special news about books, reading, and activities that promote literacy.
- Click on "Hot Books" to find some really great books to try...award nominees, award winners, new books in our library, etc.
- Click on "What's Up on the Web!" for links to great literacy links for students and parents.
- Click on "Photo Gallery" to view photos from Book Fairs and the library.
- Click on "Guidelines for Library Use" for information on library rules and expectations.
- Click on "AR Quiz List" to access the AR Book Finder which will help you determine whether your book has a quiz and what the book/reading level is.
- Click on "Meet Mrs. Nicklay" to get to know your librarian and reading teacher better!